News & press
Latest vacancies in Fig network: New Model Venture Capital - Financial Operations Executive
New Model Venture Capital is looking for a Financial Operations Executive to join its team
New Model Venture Capital in an innovative firm providing Venture Capital and Corporate Finance services. Providing businesses with world-class, board-level operational and strategic support. The team has a superb track record, which places it within the top quartile of European firms.
New Model Venture Capital is currently in the process of raising a new fund, focused on UK-headquartered businesses.
Overall objectives of role are:
- Responsibility for administrative and financial duties across all group companies including, New Model Venture Capital, NMVC SPV One Ltd, Find Invest Grow Limited and Fig Equity LLP
- To promote and monitor good financial practice amongst Directors and staff
- To work with the accountant to provide information in a timely manner to ensure the production of accurate management accounts and board packs
- To support the Directors in operational and financial duties, specifically with Compliance, creation of company Board packs and materials; as well as Portfolio Management. The role will expand in the medium-term on completion of new projects and launch of new fund.
- A willingness to teach and to take on all admin tasks to ensure the smooth running of the company
- A good working knowledge of the Xero cloud-based accounting system is preferable
- An understanding of accounting principles to advise on procedure and anticipate and understand queries from the accountants; demonstrable experience of creation and improving financial structures and practices is preferable
- Good working knowledge of loan agreements, loan repayment schedules, debentures, Deeds of Adherence, share cap tables, etc.
- FCA processes knowledge and experience will be preferable
- Used to online banking, making batch payments
- Cognisant of cashflow issues and managing payments.
- Sales – ensure invoices are despatched in a timely manner
- Purchases – the Accountants are responsible for most of the bookkeeping including the posting of all supplier invoices. The companies are responsible for loading all supplier invoices and expenses onto the company Dropbox cloud based filing system for the Accountant to access. This includes gathering receipts and invoices from staff and reconciling the company credit cards. Whilst there will be support, the responsibility will lie with the candidate.
- Help manage relationships with external partners – banks, insurers, suppliers, pension provider
- Help and support the Directors with quarterly regulatory filings to FCA. Monitor the accounts/ balance sheet to make sure required assets are in place, flag any shortfall
- Help and support the Directors with the monitoring and managing of loan repayment schedules/spreadsheets
- Monitor the bank accounts across all companies making sure that there are funds to meet future commitments, flag any issues to Directors. Cash Flow monitoring and planning
- Reviewing creditors and making payments through online banking when due
- Making sure HMRC payments are made on time, e.g. PAYE, VAT, CT61 payments
- Reviewing debtors and chasing overdue invoices
- Dealing with insurance renewals and claims
- Updating Fixed Asset Register with IT equipment purchases/serial numbers
- General trouble-shooting, helping staff with their enquiries such as season ticket loans, etc., and dealing with general ad hoc admin and financial matters.
For more information, or to apply for the role with a CV, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.